Tec 50 Diver
Tec 50 Diver
Why take this course?
The Tec 50 Diver course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver, taking you past the limits of recreational diving.
After successful completion of the Tec 50 Diver course you’ll be able to independently conduct actual gas switch, decompression dives using air, enriched air and oxygen to a depth of 50m/165 feet. You’ll use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives. You’ll also understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Tec 45 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least:
- 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox
- 25 dives were deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- At least 20 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
- Complete the following forms:
- Double cylinders with dual manifold will be supplied.
- Two primary regulators and two secondary, deco regulators – One (1) primary regulator must have seven foot / two meter hose for air sharing. Deco regulators must be O2 serviced.
- One SPG per regulator (Dive Computer may be substituted on one primary regulator.)
- Harness and back plate with shoulder and rigid hip D-rings.
- BCD – wings (redundant buoyancy device is required)
- Multi-gas Dive Computer
- Appropriate Exposure Suit
- Weight System (weights will be supplied)
- At least two reels and/or spools
- Knife / cutting device
- Slate and pencil
- Lift Bag (100 lb. lift and SMB)
- Back up mask
What will I be doing?
- 3 classroom and pool sessions
- 3 open water dives at the Blue Hole and Rock Lake in Santa Rosa, NM. – Minimum 2 students
Where can I go from here?
Tec Trimix 65
$600.00 *plus Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak $116.99 (same as used in Tec 40 and 45)
The Crew Pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD ($32) is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through Tec 50.
Sign Up Now
DSAT TEC 50
Contact us at 303-789-2450 to begin!