The A-1 Equipment Specialist Program
Why become an Equipment Specialist?
Whether it’s a regulator problem, a wet suit tear or a broken mask strap, the Equipment Specialist course can help.
This Specialty course prepares you for the basic equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you’ll encounter every day.
In addition, you’ll get the valuable background on equipment repair and purchase, making you better able to protect your investment.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old (10 for PADI Junior Scuba Diver and PADI Junior Open Water Diver)
What will I do?
During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you’ll familiarize yourself with the operation and maintenance of your personal equipment. Your instructor might also provide the opportunity to review new or unfamiliar dive equipment.
The program is not an equipment repair program but it does give you:
- Theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine recommended care and maintenance procedures
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new equipment
How long will it take?
Approximately four hours.
Where can I go from here?
You can count this Specialty certification towards your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Course Fee $60
(Includes PADI Specialty Card and picture)
Sign Up Now
EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST COURSE
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.