Our Adventure Diver course at the Downtown Aquarium is fun, exciting and designed to teach you how to better identify fish, describe their characteristics, improve your personal buoyancy, increase your bottom time and teach you how to interact and associate with aquatic life. These exciting dives will improve your buddy awareness, make you a more comfortable diver, improve your diving confidence and enhance your knowledge.
The Cool Part
You’ll learn these new underwater activities in
TWO DIFFERENT saltwater environments, including the Shark exhibit! You’ll be surrounded with some
of natures’ most incredible underwater critters and you don’t need to travel great distances ——- because it’s in Denver!
What You Learn
Here’s a sample of what you’ll be learning during your three adventure dives:
AWARE – FISH ID
- How to help protect worldwide aquatic ecosystems
- Fish family groupings and common characteristics
- The planning, organization, and procedures for identifying fish families and species while diving
- Fine-tuning your buoyancy underwater
- Positioning and distributing weight for comfort and desired body position
- Establishing neutral buoyancy during all segments of a dive
AWARE SHARK CONSERVATION
- Observe natural shark behavior
- Indentify observed shark species
- Indentify non-natural injuries to sharks
- Demonstrate ability to follow responsible environment guidelines for diving with sharks
Note: For those who have already completed the first Peak Performance Adventure dive, during your A-1 Open Water course, you will perform dive two of the Peak Performance Buoyancy course. This means you’ll be receiving your PADI Adventure Diver Certification and PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty!
- Be a certified Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver from any recognized training organization
- Be 10 years old (10 & 11 year olds will obtain the Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive in place of the AWARE Shark Conservation Adventure Dive. Must be 12 years of age to do the AWARE Shark Conservation Adventure Dive. Underwater Naturalist is conducted in the same exhibit as the AWARE Shark Conservation dive.)
- 10 & 11 year old participants must also read and sign, along with a parent or guardian, the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form and view the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
- Complete the Knowledge Review questions found at the end of the PPB and AWARE – Fish ID chapters of the PADI Adventures In Diving manual or PADI eLearning online and the Knowledge Review for the AWARE Shark Conservation Study Guide.
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS
- PADI Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
PADI Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video
Learning Materials You’ll Need
PADI’s Adventures In Diving materials cover everything you need to know.
You have two Options from which to choose, eLearning or Home Study Materials.
- Diving in two separate saltwater environments at the Downtown Aquarium
- Three Adventure Dives in the Downtown Aquarium(AWARE Shark Conservation, PPB & AWARE – Fish ID)
- Each of the three dives gives you credit for the related PADI specialty (Peak Performance Buoyancy, AWARE Fish Identification & AWARE Shark Conservation)
- BCD, Regulator, Gauges, Wetsuit and Computer
- Entry to all Aquarium Exhibits
- PADI Adventure Diver Certification Card & Photo
- PADI Peak Performance Diver Specialty Card & Photo (when applicable)
- (1) day pass to the aquarium ($15.99 value)
- PADI eLearning or Home Study materials
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel & Booties (these may be rented)
- Parking fee at the Aquarium
- Swimsuit, towel and personal hygiene items
Note: Please bring shoes (Keens, flip-flops, water shoes, etc) to wear on the wet deck
Each of your PADI Adventure Dives also counts toward the related PADI Specialty Diver certification. To attain the PADI specialty for that course you will need to complete a second training dive. For example, you could complete a second training dive for either the AWARE Shark Conservation, PPB or AWARE – Fish ID course and become a Specialty diver for that particular course.
The fee for each specialty is only $185 per specialty and includes:
- A separate training dive at the Downtown Aquarium
- The use of all equipment including a wetsuit (We recommend using your own mask)
- PADI Specialty Certification card & photo
Note: The items not Included are the same as above
Your Next Adventure
Once you’ve completed the PADI Adventure Diver course you’ll be ready to complete the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. It’s easy! All you’ll need to do is complete the PADI Adventure Deep Dive and PADI Adventure Navigation dive.
Sign Up Now
DOWNTOWN AQUARIUM PADI ADVENTURE DIVER COURSE
Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.